Eclipse ® coating
Eclipse® Coating is an internally reinforced non-stick system engineered to last longer than other coatings of the same type.
The Eclipse® family of coatings (Eclipse and Eclipse High-Build for cookware and Eclipse for bakeware) has a remarkable resistance to abuse and wear that is typical of today's average kitchen.
Properties of Eclipse® coatings
Eclipse® for cookware
- Three-layer coating
- The basecoat contains a carefully selected and blended combination of resins and unusually hard materials, permitting a much higher percentage of special reinforcing elements than the standard
- The topcoat is fluoropolymer-rich, and is completely dedicated to non-sticking
- Excellent reciprocal abrasion test results: reaching over 700,000 cycles, the toughest internally reinforced coating previously tested reaching 20,000 cycles
Eclipse® High-Build for cookware
- Improved through intensive research and development to meet a standard far above all internally reinforced coatings
- It complies with all U.S. and European food safety standards
- Up to 60 microns can be applied with no mud cracking (most non-stick systems mud-crack if applied over 40 microns are applied)
Eclipse® for bakeware
- An internally reinforced 2-coat non-stick system
- Engineered to last longer than other internally reinforced bakeware coatings
- Excellent release provided by silicone- therefore the spray version of Eclipse for bakeware can be marketed as 'Made without PFOA'
- Ideal for aluminium substrates and carbon phosphate steel