Molykote ® coating
Molykote® anti-friction coatings contain micrometric particles based on molybdenum disulphide, graphite or PTFE that provide lubricating properties, with low coefficient of friction and corrosion resistance.
These coatings are specially designed to reduce friction, noise and tightening torque at low speed or vibration on metal-on-metal, plastic-on-metal, plastic-on-leather, leather-on-leather or plastic-on-plastic surfaces.
One of their most outstanding properties is the working temperature range, ranging from -180ºC to 450ºC.
Properties of Molykote® Coating
Typical properties for Molykote® coatings are:
- Elimination of noise between mechanism components
- Suitable for permanent lubrication of slideways with high forces and low sliding speeds, oscillating movements or intermittent operation
- Improvement of running-in process, lubrication under high vacuum and extreme temperatures
- Successfully used in cylinder head bolts, toaster guides, car mirror adjustment mechanisms, high voltage switches, for the commissioning of sprockets under heavy stress
- For metal/metal combinations with slow to medium-fast movements and high loads
- Emergency lubricant for rotor head parts of wind power plants and for cold extrusion of ungrooved steel
Molykote ® references