What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small quantity of text that is stored on your browser (such as Google Chrome or Apple Safari) when you browse on most websites.
What ISN’T a cookie?
It is not a virus, whether a Trojan or a worm, or spam, or spyware, and it does not open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card information or bank data, photographs, personal information, etc. The data they save are technical, statistical, personal preferences, content personalisation, etc.
The web server does not associate your browsing with you as a person, rather with your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse using Chrome and then try to browse on the same web page using the browser, Firefox, you will see that the web page does not realise that you are the same person, because in reality it is associating information with the browser, not the person.
What type of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: They are the most elemental and allow, among other things, knowing when a human or an automated application is browsing or when an anonymous user or a registered user is browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web page.
- Analysis cookies: They compile information about the type of browsing your are doing, the sections you use the most, the consulted products, the time frame of use, the language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising according to your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are proprietary cookies and those of third parties?
Proprietary cookies are those generated by the web page that you are visiting, and those of third parties are generated by external services or providers such as Mailchimp, Mailrelay, Facebook, Twitter, Google Adsense, etc.
What cookies does this web page use?
This web page uses third-party cookies. On this website, the cookies detailed below are used:
This web page uses analysis services, specifically Google Analytics for helping the website analyse the use that users make of the website and for improving the usability of the same, but in no event are data associated that could eventually identify the user. Google Analytics is a website analysis service provided by Google, Inc. The user can consult, here, the type of cookies used by Google.
The cookies of social networks can be stored on your browser while you browse through www.coatresa.com, for example, when you use the button to share content of www.coatresa.com on any social network.
Below you have information about the cookies of the social networks that this web page uses and regarding their own cookies policies:
- Cookies of Facebook: see more information on its cookies policy
- Cookies of Twitter: see more information on its cookies policy
- Cookies of Google+: see more information on its cookies policy
- Cookies of Linkedin: see more information on its cookies policy
- Cookies of Youtube: see more information on its cookies policy
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, and not just deleted but also blocked, either in general or in particular for a specific domain. To delete the cookies of a website, you must go to your browser configuration. There you must look for the cookies associated with the domain in question, and then proceed to delete them.
- Configuration of cookies for Google Chrome
- Configuration of cookies for Apple Safari
- Configuration of cookies for Internet Explorer
- Configuration of cookies for Mozilla Firefox
More information about cookies
If you would like greater control over the installation of cookies, you can install programmes or complements on your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose those cookies that you would like to allow.